Monday, March 1, 2010

12 weeks since surgery

It's been about 12 weeks since the transplant and all is well. I've resumed normal activities, energy levels are on par with that of my early to mid 20's. I've begun working out, although I'm still restricted regarding heavy weights so it's basically cardio and lighter weights. My waist size has gone from 46/44 to 38/40 since the operation.

Once the weather breaks I anticipate more outdoor activities and enjoying the great weather of the south. This new kidney is simply amazing...my donor has provided me a new lease on life that will not be wasted.

Also, this research therapy is fantastic. I only take a 4 pills daily, verses the hand full of toxic medications taken by the typical kidney transplant patient. The only draw back is monthly injections/infusions, but it's well worth the time. The icing on the cake is that in less than three years I'll be phased off all the medications and infusions. The overall result of this new therapy is a chance of retaining this new organ for the reaminder of my lifespan.

What a true blessing.

No comments: