Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thoughts...

While reading current events yesterday I came across an article about Eric Breed. Eric Breed was a rapper...his stage name was MC Breed. The thing that caught my attention was how he died and his age. Mr. Breed died of kidney failure at the age of 37.

Breed was rushed to the hospital in early September of kidney failure. The rapper was on life support for two days before slightly recovering. In late September, he conducted a phone interview with his publicist where he talked about his health crisis. Fast forward two months, he was found dead at a friend's house in Michigan.

This really made me think about the severity of this illness and how if left untreated it can, and most certainly will end you life. In retrospect I personally seem to doing ok on dialysis up to this point. The process of dialysis has grown to become my necessary beast of burden. I now reflect on this burden and wonder had it not been available, how long it would have taken to succumb to full blown kidney failure and it's associated complications. It seems a morbid thought at first glance, but I now truly realize I'm surviving on borrowed time. Had it not been for artificial means I would most certainly be dead or dying.

Well enough talk of death, life is for living. Which reminds me to call Emory to arrange for my final transplant exams. Once complete I should be fully cleared for transplant, whether it be from a living donor or otherwise.

So that's it for now...remember life is way to short to be unhappy any minute of any day!

No comments: