Friday, July 11, 2008

Week One...

Ok, week one is in the books. PD training is complete. I have been doing manual exchanges for a few days without any procedural problems. My issues with manual exchanges are time and sometimes nausea feeling after filling. The four exchanges per day pretty much ties me to the house. Each exchange takes an average of 30-40 minutes to complete, with about 5-10 minutes of prep time. With any luck I will only need to endure this manual process for another 3-4 weeks, then comes the cycler.

Began working from home this week...first day was pretty much getting caught up on hundreds of past emails. It's good to get back into the rhythm of work and being productive. Looking forward to the cycler so I can get back in the office...I miss my office.

Need to mention I had low points this week with this whole situation. This has been a hellva transition to say the least. I am fortunate to have a very supportive family and excellent healtcare professionals, but it's still a grim reality when all said is done. Guess it's best to just take it one day at a time.

Think that's it for now...going to try to enjoy the weekend.

No comments: